Sometimes our thoughts can be unhelpful and make us feel worse.
Examples of thoughts that can be unhelpful are:
- Blaming yourself for things that aren’t your fault
- Imagining worst case scenarios
- All or nothing thinking e.g. people are either all good or all bad
- Over generalising e.g. I made a mistake one time which means I’m not good at anything
- Mind reading; imagining that you know what someone else is thinking
Illustration credit: https://lindsaybraman.com/
It can help to start keeping a log of your thoughts and where they come from, as this will help you to challenge the thoughts!
How to Challenge the Thoughts
Illustration credit: https://www.instagram.com/journey_to_wellness_/